Thursday 3 September 2015

Age of Adaline: Love is Timeless

  
              
            Released: 26th June 2015
             Duration: 112 Minutes
               Director: Lee Toland Krieger
               Starring: Blake Lively, Michiel Huisman, Harrison Ford






Adaline Bowman (Blake Lively) remained 29 years of age for almost eight decades; all thanks to a miracle that saved her from a freak accident. Living in solitary existence with her only daughter, Adaline had shadowed herself in distance from any other contacts to conceal her secret to her youth.

Things take a turn for a change during a new year celebration when a charismatic philanthropist Ellis Jones came along. His relentlessness reignites Adaline's passion for life and romance. However, when a weekend getaway to celebrate Ellis's parents anniversary puts her in a dilemma as her identity is at the risk of being revealed. Adaline took      an initiative, and her decision changes her life forever.

My Verdict

It has been a while since I have watched any movie of this genre which practically rocked my soul. Theatrics with an almost flawless script and portrayal by the renowned actors have given life to romantic movies that are meant to be sappy. It has even scenes of Adaline and her Papillon; showing how fragile love is. 

Reminiscing to events in my life, this movie had me thinking and it hits me. Love know no boundaries; even time. Hence how I absolutely adore this catchline "LOVE IS TIMELESS". I cannot seem to put this in a paragraph, so with my heart and soul recaps this movie in my rhymes.


Love; with added mishaps is always clueless,

Which sometimes leads to loneliness,

Laced with subtle remorse and loneliness,

Even though love itself at times seems pointless,

Yet it blooms relentless faithfulness,

With bountiful courage harvested for sacrifices,

Sacrifices made without any scent of selfishness,

When caring for someone eludes elusiveness,

Grabbed me by the soul and opened my swelling eyes,

Realizing that Love in any given form and situation is  priceless,

Most of all, LOVE is indeed Timeless.




The Main Casts:

Blake Lively
Michiel Huisman
Harrison Ford








No comments:

Post a Comment