Tuesday 19 February 2013

Valentine's Day 2013: With Lilo Cafe' and the Fur Kids

The first couple to arrive; Oi Yee Thoong and Nic Tan with their fur kid, Bunny. Hurray!!!! Most gracious to for Oi Yee Thoong patiently sharing her expertise on the true essence of photo taking
14th February marks the day when streets are filled with candies, chocolates, flowers and couples that oozes the love pheromones into the air.

14th February 2013; Aside from making some mistakes here and there in the kitchen; I managed to deliver some cheesy cards to a couple of establishments; some free some paid for. Well, the bounty was well spent in a whoosh much earlier. Failed to even remember to take a picture of the gift. What a mook!!!

I dropped off the last batch of cards to Lilo Cafe to see the ever energetic Miss Yap struggling with roses for the guests. Despite the fatigue, she was able to smile with no restrain.

Hard and dedicated at work

Smile to compliment the roses; your hard work
Wasted no time and thus a flash shower and a dash of cologne; I scurried to the designated location and tried helping but well; I am much better off not be in the way of decor and arrangements. 

So, tried taking more pictures to improve whatever caveman technique instilled from the ages of the stone.

Oh, the heart shaped insignia of fur kids is almost everywhere; adorable

An hour to the event....

When will I take pictures worthy of the wall?

The pink table cloth backed by an impressive wall mural!!

A loud "done" and typical Hokkien " mai hiam beh pai la" took my eyes off the walls. I was looking down at the specially tea bag roses for the couple tonight. So "Red" and what a sight to behold.

It's so eye catching with the red; they are not fresh flowers but they are RAD!!!

So, that's where my cheesy lines have been slipped into. Awesome idea Manager!!!!
Guests of honor aka the loving couples arrive to grace the special night and they were not alone. either tucked between their arms; let loose or in a bag. The crowd is here.


y
Too early to be Frisk

Janet and Jo

Jennie chan with Hewie and her hubby CY Lim with Creamy

Janet, Jo and Vivian

Dong Zhi with  her parents
Dess Wukuai with his love in a baggage; Siao Wei


Alexander and his Mrs and Bobby of course

Food arrived in no time......Wine poured.....and I. got busy moving around. "Snap"....snap.....

A refreshing heap of greens to kick off; I finished mine

Crusted and breaded HUGE piece of Dory cheese with melted cheese and capsicum and onion; I finished it as well

Pavlova with kiwi and berries and cream: too sinful to be left alone...I finished it as well. fabulous. Crunchy exterior that tones down to a slightly chewy center.

Scrambled egg with carrot and spring onion topped with mock sharks fin : to be eaten in lettuce wrap with 'cili padi' and soy: I almost ate it all

Hold on, the fur kids are not spending this Valentine watching their Daddy and Mummy. Yours truly, Laura had put out the eye catching and nutritious platters for the lovable fur kids.

Poached fish with vegetables

Striking colored dishes to tempt the fur kids

Steamed chicken and vegetables

A similar version in yet another colorful dish
All the dishes for the fur kids are prepared with nothing but fresh ingredients and LOVE. All the fur kids wasted no time in chowing down and my turn to practice some of the poses below. I believe I did hear my bones crack and snap.

The strain and my size.......

Creamy enjoying its meal; used its caused I forgot the gender...should have checked

Even our Duracel baby, Bobby wasted no time in chowing down

Bunny, you finished yours?

Dong Zhi; not eating?

Hewie: Done eating!!!ready to play?

Siao Wei: ready to come out and play

Toy and Bunny ; Bunny is still hungry
When everything tones down at the end of your dinner, all the couple mingle around with wine or beer in their hand, chatting and guffawing away. Now, I can enjoy my portions of poison

I thought this day would be emotionally disheartening until I was invited here. I had great fun getting to know a bunch of nice unpretentious people which are mostly now FRIENDS. I do feel Love; I feel the warmth. My thoughts and heart could be some where chilly but I shall always know there will a cure someday. It got cured a little today


Brew to be shared

Great Company!!!!

Add on two more peeps; it became AWESOME!!!!!

Always cherish the ones you love,

Be it another human or your beloved pets,

When there is a heart beating,

There are feelings,

Even if those are feelings with skeletons in the closets,

Never ever hurt those feelings,

Never pry into their Pandora boxes,

Cause whoever walked out from your life through the exit,

May never return,

We learn to forgive as we live,

Learn to Love in our life,

Spend our years basking in Love and friendship Always!!!!

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!!!

from the movie musical RENT

























2 comments:

  1. you served vege to pets? they ate it? haha. i would love to try the fish dish. what about my favourite pasta? looks tempting to me.

    ps: is it just me or Dong Zhi looks like Mickey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, they ate it all

      no pasta that night; wait i get the pasta roller; then make own pasta; not off the shelf ones

      dong zhi is not mickey :(

      Delete