Thursday 7 February 2013

Ikuzo Ramen: Kota Damansara....Love it!!!!


I believed it was yesterday when I dragged my sorry self out of Ikuzo; foolishly thinking YESTERDAY was the 6/02/2013. Sheepishly I moved next door to have my daily fixed of Sharetea's 30% large and iced green tea.

It has been such a hectic brain cracking day; last minute amendments drive me absolutely nuts; as calm and composed as I look. I do believe that my semi straightened hair just twitched to the extent of flaring up and curling back. so I took a peak from my window and my heart missed a beat....Thank God the beat that missed catches on. Ikuzo Ramen is open for business!!!

Wait...I am coming.
Without wasting any time, I grabbed my camera and for a big man, I believed I put the Roadrunner to shame and was seated in no time and marveled at their menu. Bold and inviting was the only adjectives that crossed my mind.( I meant the menu)

A thoughtfully designed Menu

Without further-a-due, I ordered my bounty of two of Ikazu's ramen and five(5) of their side dishes and finally the drinks.

Drinks came first; I was anxiously waiting as my parched throat and cracked lips need to welcome some mere moisture.

Left: Rootbeer Float Right: Iced Green Tea With Milk

I was pretty skeptical about green tea pairing with milk until I dragged in a gulp. Not too sweet and the milk does compliment the freshness the green tea

Next beverage is no alien in my books. My all-time-SINFUL favorite drinks. Rootbeer Float; with a devilishly smooth and generous scoop of Vanilla Ice-Cream on top. Need I elaborate further? Butt here is how i get the best out of both the icy and creamy fizzy goodness. Kindly refer to an amateur sketch as below:

My way of enjoying my rootbeer float.
Moments before my order arrives, I took a final check on the pairing condiments, pickled green chili, pickled ginger, roasted white sesame seeds, garlic, soy sauce, fiery chili oil and fried shallots.

Condiments for your ramen at Ikuzo
Then my first ramen arrives; it is the Cha Shu Ramen. I was mesmerized by the simplicity and generosity. Five large pieces of slow cooked pork. The pork does resemble our barbecued "Char Siew" with sweetness around the edges that are just right and slowly mellows into the tender sweetness of the pork. It too comes with a generous sprinkle of finely chopped spring onion and a piece of seaweed for an irony flavor of the sea in your mouth. the broth is a shoyu based broth as in soy based. It does boast a hint of smooth porky goodnes. The noodles are not heavy and surprisingly easy on the mouth feel.  Slurped it all down wit the broth to my own amazement; it is still piping hot.

Cha Shu Ramen
Gone
My second ramen, the Hokkaido Ramen arrived. It is simply joyful; just like looking at a yellow meadow that stretches into the far yonder. It is generously garnished with crunchy yellow corn, chopped spring onion, blanched bean sprouts, bok choy, fried beancurd sheet and slivers of cha shu as well. The broth is enhanced with a slight yet not overpowering yellow miso, slightly sweet yet savory broth is brought ogether by a crunch from the fried beancurd, crunch of fresh bitterness from the bok choy and the beansprouts which is ended on a high note; the very pleasant crunch of sweet corn. An exhilarating taste. Added a generous of chili oil and pickled chilies. Ohh, imagine the melody of flavors, from the savory to slight bitterness and a little heat at the back of my palate. Simply yummy awesomeness; (can't help but to use the word yummy but well; it is :))

So inviting with its hue of yellow miso goodness.
So joyful to look at for now

If you want to have ramen, you got to do it right. Slurp it down to the last drop.There is no shame in picking up your bowl with both of your hands and take in every last drop of broth and every last strand of noodles.
I am pretty sure all is good and that I am done for until the other sinful morsels of side dishes showed up.

Chicken Senbei: Deep fried chicken skin with a sweet tangy chili dip......I feel FAT but good

Chili Furita: Seeded, filled with chicken and some cheese and coated with with a rice flour batter and deep fried,AGAIN; but it tasted so down right AWESOME. Used some shoyu for dipping instead and it matches perfectly.

Kani Cream Croquette: Battered creamed crab meat and fried to golden perfection. My only comment was the filling was too heavily doused in cream. a little less cream would have made it more enjoyable, as the fry technique was great, not greasy and wonderfully crunchy.

Yam Fries: Fresh but needed a little more salt. do indulge while it's still hot.
Took these following shots while waiting for the bill. Needed to stand up before i stay rooted for good.

A Japanese client and his friendly daughter who graciously waved goodbye to everyone. aww so sweet .

A view of the interior artwork. Very eye catching in a pleasantly inviting manner

Thank you kind hosts; Sherleen and Alex
I am gracious and in deep gratitude for the services provided. After seeing my list of items, they set to their motion of deliverance. They paused and waited for me to set my empty bowl down before gesturing to their staffs to send out my second ramen. At the point of putting down my polished bowl number two, Alex came over and asked if he can proceed to send out the rest of my side dishes. I was happily nodding away.

Great services with unpretentious smiles; and soul-warming food that boosts my inspiration to write while waiting for my cookies to bake. A truely "oishi" experience for me.

Thank you Ikuzo Ramen. I sincerely enjoyed the food, the services and the smiles. Like Arnold says, I sincerely quote and arigato gozaimasu. 

..........for more

Dear Readers,

For more info on Ikuza Ramen, you can log on to their website; http://ikuzoramen.com/.

HAPPY PATRONIZING!!!














4 comments:

  1. cha shu ramen!!! the one loved by Naruto. kekeke. anything with green tea...slurrp. no soft shell crab. try Sushi Q. my favorite sushi outlet =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I may. nice or just another commercialized outlet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kayvin,

    Thank you very much for the review! :D
    We are glad that you enjoyed your bowl(s) of ramen and am hoping to see you soon ;-)

    p/s : did you come for our Buy 1 Free 1 yesterday? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok, as much as I love to eat; let the others have a go. I am always around to support.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete