Tuesday 26 February 2013

Goodbye Dear Uncles.....

Uncle Wong, Uncle Richard Foo and now Uncle Lawrence Sia,


All of you have dotted me,

Carried me when I was just yea high,

Took care of me like I was one of your own,

Guided me through all the walks of life,

Mold me to be who I am today...

Uncle Wong

Your grilled fish is legendary,

And your braised pork knuckle,

You taught me to be tough,

When I was a target for bullies,

Taught me to take my stand,

Then after your lessons; I was too feared...Swt...

But I shall be tough and never let anyone put a finger on me,

Your traffic mishap was too sudden for me,

But your fighting spirit I shall carry forth FOREVER...

Uncle Richard Foo


Taught me that nothing in life is impossible,

Never failed to drop by to take me out for dinners whenever you are visiting your son,

I never got bored listening to your criticisms,

Puts me back on track,

Whenever I turned sideways,

Taught me Principles...

Principles I embed in me for LIFE....


Uncle Lawrence Sia

I can recall you from the 3rd month of my birth,

Back rides,

You are Dad's friend,

For more than four decades,

Standing by him through his divorce with mum,

When he was down with stroke,

Most importantly,

You fed me, 

You took me in,

When college life was foreign,

You never fail to make me feel at home,

You taught me to be humble,

I can never forget your praises and tips,

And always looking forward to making your instant noodles with sunny side ups,

Your favorite coffee and my prawn fritter,

And your tips from your mahjong session,

I am tearing as I shall keep next to my heart,

And here again, you left so suddenly Today...

I still have the picture taken when I was all dressed up as a HR Manager where you stayed,

You were proud of me,

I swear to make you proud always

Your lesson for HUMILITY  for ETERNITY

I am going to leave with remorse and tears and Dear uncles, I shall never forget you in my prayers.

God bless you always and I leave you all with this song and toasting my fill of red wine for you tonight.








No comments:

Post a Comment