Tuesday 28 July 2015

Week 1 of My Take on Canadian Cuisines: Lobster Roll

Canadian Lobster Roll





Prior to me leaving for the land of the maple syrup, nothing will thrill me more than to prepare in these 3 months an array of Canadian favorites for someone who has meant more than anything to my pathetic life and my culinary career.

The first thing that flashes my mind is no other than the Canadian Lobster Roll. A traditional lobster roll is a sandwich filled with butter poached lobster served between a steamed hotdog bun. The poached lobster flesh is traditionally mixed with mayonnaise and variations of vegetables, lemon juice, salt and pepper. In the New England region, they tend to like theirs with the sweet scallions and even finely chopped sharp celery.


All condiments put on hold, there are the array of lobsters. From the Maine Lobsters to the humongous clawed Boston Lobsters to the intimidating Asian claw-less Rock Lobsters; as long as they are fresh and cooked properly. Over cooking a lobster is like serving a piece of rubber boot to the poor victim who has high hopes for an extravagant and unique treat. 




So I have chosen to sought none order than the humble yet sweet Canadian Lobster to help me put together my French Asian twist on a great Canadian favorites. I will definitely dispatch the lobsters humanely before introducing it to two (2) great variations; that will not defile the originality just enhance the versatility.

Being a Chinese, it is a nose to tail dining and I will be treating the lobsters with the respect  and subtlety they need, from the shells to the tamales. It will be great with the list of ingredients that strikes; the colors alone has kept me going on to win nothing more than an approving smile and not shame a nation's favorite.






























An array of ingredients have struck my currently feeble yet motivated mind,

Pictures and images I cannot rescind,

For now I could be blind,

Yet I know all these I could blend,

With ideas to grind,

I hope I will be able to deliver not being left in hardstand,

Knowing that a smile from the special lady will land me in home land.
















1 comment: