Friday 18 January 2013

The Unforgettables: Part 1

Birthday 2012

 There has been nothing out of the ordinary,

For me, I guess it was just another Sunday,

Checked my Facebook birthday wishes,

Responded graciously,

Thinking this is it,

I felt so old,

Then out of the blue,

Without any wishes in line,

A friend,She starts making arrangements,

For my one-day-late celebration,

I can't help it but to feel deeply touched,

It is all set before I knew it,

I do get to celebrate this year as well,

Different group of friends so even more thrilled,

 Food and drinks ordered,

Company starts arriving,

Plenty of laughter and silly jokes going around,
Then to my greatest surprise, 

This group of current and new found friends got me a cake,

My heart dropped as my eyes were affixed on my nickname on the cake,

Never did I tell them my last birthday cake was on my 18th birthday,

Time was never of convenience til now,

It was not easy hiding the tears,

Asked to sing a song before making my wish,

Could not do so,

All choked up but male ego puts up with the bravado,

Amusement kicks in when cake was passed around,

I thought I did finally cried a tear from holding up on a gut full of laughter,

As the ladies painted their teeth with the chocolate cake!!!

My Birthday Cake

Aww..look at them...making fullest use of the cake

Michelle, Sharon & Zombie
Thank you Zombie for the arrangement. I owe you BIG!!!
Far right: Lady in Red, Boss Vivenn, Standing :Bro Azlan


This is truly an unforgettable 
A memorable birthday, 

Given any time of the day

I will choose to again relive this day,

Even though the Birthday Boy is not supposed to pay,

So kind apologies that I went my way,

Your smiles I shall forever portray,

 Til the last bit of my life gives away.

THANK YOU DEAR FRIENDS!!!!!!


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment